Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Drag

It's a stormy day here in my neck of the woods today. Yuck! But, I find that rainy days are the most inspiring. Maybe it's because everything seems so calm and serene. Like everything is at peace. I could speculate about that all day long... I often go into my art studio and paint on days like this with a good cup of coffee in my hand, or create in the kitchen. It's the ultimate relaxation. Wait, I take that back... Getting a pedicure with Starbucks in hand, a good magazine, and your best friend on a rainy afternoon is more like it. Days like this are also great for sleeping in my opinion. There's just something about the sound of rain hitting my window that makes me so relaxed and comfortable. On the other hand, it seems to ALWAYS be harder to pry myself out of bed when it's raining out, though. Don't you just hate that? I know I do. Anyway... For now, I'm going to plan on making a pot of decaf and snuggling up with one of my most recent book purchases later. I can already feel all my stress melting away thinking about it. Well, I guess I'll wrap up for now with this quote by the one and only, Oprah Winfrey - "Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure."

2 comments:

  1. I thought I'd be your first comment. I'm enjoying your blog and hope to see more soon! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! Update your blog, missy!

    ReplyDelete