Sunday, May 8, 2011

And the award goes to...

This year in school (my senior year), I decided to venture out and do an "Independent Study" in art. I love making and creating art. It's just a part of who I am. My main focus for the year was printmaking. At first, I didn't like it at all! But after I had a few projects under my belt, I loved it. During my second semester, I decided to come up with a coffeehouse concept. Once I got all the kinks worked out, I started making pieces that would correlate with my design and and the name. It was a TON of work, but it all paid off. This past weekend, all of my work for the year was on display at my school's Art Show and I entered my original coffee cup print into the show to be judged. And you know what? I got first place! I'm so proud of it, and I'm just elated. Here's a few pictures... The last one shown won first place!

All of my work on display in the Art Show!


Hand-carved print... Linoleum, mounted on wood block.
The award-winning, finished product!

Tomorrow at school I'm going to be recognized and given some type of award for winning the show. Can't wait to see what happens!

Well, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment