Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A glimpse at the future...

I'm just going to be honest.....my last post makes me look like a hypocrite! Many things in my life have changed over the past several months. One of those changes is...*drum roll*...I'M GOING TO CULINARY SCHOOL! Woo hoo! After much reflection, I came to the conclusion that I do NOT want to be a food writer. I do enjoy writing, but I don't want to do that for the rest of my life. I would pull my hair out and be miserable. And we don't want that to happen! I want to be a chef. There is nothing in this world that I love more than cooking, and I want to turn that love into a career, a successful one at that. I was accepted to the Art Institute of Tennessee - Nashville about a month ago, and I'm starting next month in May! I will be majoring in Culinary Arts Management and should graduate in roughly three years. Words cannot express how excited I am. My lifelong dream is finally becoming a reality and I couldn't be any more stoked about it. After I graduate, I plan on getting some work experience and then venturing out on my own. I'm thinkin' I want to start out with a food truck, and if it is as successful as I hope it is, I'll open a store front as well! One thing I know for sure, is that my food truck will be purple. It's my favorite color, and I'm pretty sure it would catch people's eye. Haha. So, if you're in the Nashville area a few years from now and see a funky, purple food truck rollin' down the road, come say hey and grab a bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment