Saturday, May 23, 2015

Love...and other ramblings.

Well hello there, blog-o-sphere. Sorry I went on a three-year hiatus. I won't let it happen again.

So, where should I begin? Life has been throwing me all kinds of curveballs lately. Sometimes I find myself struggling to find the meaning of it all. Maybe I don't need to find the meaning, but I hope that someday these curveballs will make sense to me.

Oh, what are these "curveballs" you ask? Well, it's a little something called...love. It makes me a little nuts. A lot nuts, actually. I thought I was in love once. Yeah, well, knowing what I know now...that wasn't even close to being love. Infatuation? Perhaps. I was 18, and naive, and hopelessly chasing after a guy that I thought was just the best thing since sliced bread. Cue dramatic eye-roll. That was four years ago. And now here I am at the age of 22, still a little naive, and trying my darnedest (yes I said darnedest) to navigate the land mine that is love. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, and I want that "oooey-gooey, sappy, where have you been my entire life" kind of love. I want someone to look at me like Jack looks at Rose in the Titanic. Someone that is proud to have me on his arm. Someone that won't be afraid to scream from the rooftops that he loves me. You get the idea. I know that such a man exists...somewhere. Maybe we have already met, maybe we haven't. It may take years to find him, or I may have seen him last week. Who knows. So, until this dear fella decides to reveal himself, I'll be here waiting.

XOXO

Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment